MediWrite Australia – Ruth Hadfield, BSc, PhD, GCBiostat
Freelance medical writer | Medical information consultant | Medical researcher
Sydney, NSW, Australia
For all your medical writing and research needs please contact me for an obligation free discussion.
I am an experienced medical writer with a PhD (DPhil) from the University of Oxford. I have experience in research, data-analysis and medical writing in a range of disciplines. As an academic researcher, I authored over 30 peer-reviewed journal articles and acted as a reviewer for a number of well-respected medical journals. I now specialise in researching and writing systematic literature reviews and communicating research to physicians and pharmacists. I established my consultancy in Sydney, NSW, Australia in 2012 and have worked on a wide variety of topics for clients including universities, academics, government agencies, biotechnology companies and the not-for-profit sector. I offer high quality, ethical medical writing.
You can download a PDF copy of my resume here.
Please contact me for a list of clients and additional examples of my work. I look forward to hearing from you.
Advantages of using the services of Mediwrite Australia include:
- I provide on-call assistance when you need it, without the associated costs of an additional staff member
- I produce high quality work to tight deadlines
- I am on the executive committee of the Australasian Medical Writers’ Association
- I am also the e-newsletter editor for AMWA
Do you need help with medical writing, medical literature background reviews or general medical research reports?
Based in Sydney, Australia I am available to work on:
Grant writing, research, systematic reviews of the medical literature, critical reviews, data analysis, articles for medical journals, book chapters and medical information reports. I also cover conferences and I am available to attend medical meetings and produce reports and summaries.
If you need help preparing abstract books, congress abstracts, reports, slide sets, posters & oral presentations I have significant experience in this area.
I also provide proofreading and editing services.
Other work I can assist with includes:
- WordPress websites – updating and publishing content
- news pieces for newsletters, e-newsletters (MailChimp) or the web
- reports of any kind, including annual reports and strategic plans
- continuing medical education (CME) content
- continuing professional development (CPD) content
I have experience in a wide range of disease areas, some of my recent writing experience has been in the following areas:
- Cardiac imaging
- Cardiac surgery
- Perioperative medicine
- Lung cancer
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)
- Pain relief
- Blood transfusion
- Maternal & Child Health
- Population Health
- Public Health
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Tissue banking
- Biotech industry
- Medical devices
- Venous thromboembolism (VTE) (including deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE)) prevention
- Pain relief