Are you organising a Medical Advisory Board Meeting?
” Medical advisory board meetings are an integral part of the healthcare and, in particular, the pharmaceutical landscape. These meetings serve to identify knowledge gaps in a specific therapeutic area and to suggest measures that could be implemented and followed to bridge the identified gaps.” – N. Singh, Medical Writing, 2016, 25 (4), p.37.
A professional medical writer can ensure that all discussions are accurately recorded and write up a fully referenced report, outlining who said what and creating a valuable document.
There are significant costs involved with holding a medical or pharmaceutical advisory board meeting, including venue hire, flying KOL’s in from around the country, catering etc. A professional medical writer can ensure that every important point is recorded and produce comprehensive meeting minutes and executive summary report.
Services I can offer include:
Medical advisory board meetings
- Attendance at medical or pharmaceutical advisory board meetings around Australia
- Professional, accurate and reliable services
- Record keeping and report writing services including voice recording and photography as required
- Meticulous note-taking and report writing
- Rapid turnaround with full report usually returned to clients within 3 business days of the meeting
- Background research and full bibliography using EndNote software
Medical conferences and other meeting types
- In addition to medical advisory board meetings I can also assist with scientific steering committees, expert committees and forums
- Medical conference coverage includes attending oral and poster sessions, record keeping, writing news articles and conference reports
- Interviews with researchers, scientists and key opinion leaders
- Live Twitter coverage at conferences as required
Resources for meeting organisers
- EMWA document outlining the role of a medical writer at Advisory Board Meetings
- TAKEDA slide set on best practice for running a Medical Ad Board
- Six steps to hosting a successful MAC meeting
- Ensuring your meeting is compliant with the Medicines Australia Code – although the rules are different, this slide show on compliance from the UK is worth a look.
Phone me on + 61 (0)415 59926 to discuss your requirements for your next meeting or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org