Mediwrite – medical writing, editing & research
Freelance medical writer | Medical editor | Medical information & research consultant | Sydney, NSW, Australia
Dr Ruth Hadfield, BSc, DPhil, GCBiostat
Director, Mediwrite Pty Ltd
Based in Sydney, Australia, I assist biotech & pharmaceutical companies, medical professionals and academics with a wide range of medical writing and editing projects. Read more about the services I offer here.
I was awarded a PhD (DPhil) from the University of Oxford and as an academic researcher, I authored over 30 peer-reviewed journal articles and acted as a reviewer for a number of well-respected medical journals.
I established my medical writing consultancy in 2012 and I now specialise in helping people to translate research into practice. I help turn research findings into information that can be easily digested and utilised by a variety of audiences. Here are a few case studies to help illustrate this process.
Contact me now for an obligation free discussion of your medical writing, editing or research needs.
Following 12 years of employment by Universities conducting academic and publishing academic research (see my academic track record here), I was employed by a not-for-profit to facilitate a research network of key opinion leaders and communicate the latest research findings to the general public. Seeing a need for clear and knowledgeable medical communication, I established my medical writing consultancy in 2012. My experience is summarised in my resume.
Services offered include
- Attending, record keeping, report writing and interviewing experts at medical meetings such as medical conferences and advisory board meetings.
- Managing the processes of preparing evidence-based guidelines and consensus statements; I can assist with all aspects from coordinating rounds literature searches, literature reviews and summaries, collating feedback from academic and clinical authors etc to the writing of the final manuscript.
- Assistance with researching and editing literature reviews, preparing academic manuscripts, and writing reports for the biotech and medical device industry.
- Expertise in complex literature searches, literature reviews and systematic reviews.
- Supporting academics and clinicians with writing and editing their book manuscripts, and finding a publisher.
- I can also assist with white papers, web page articles and e-newsletters.
Contact me now to obtain a customised written quote for your project.
Examples of recent projects
Examples of recent projects I have worked on include comprehensive literature reviews and reports to support investment in start-up biotech and medical device companies, grant writing and editing, medical research, systematic reviews of the medical literature, critical reviews, data analysis, articles for medical journals, book chapters for medical specialists, medical information reports, conference coverage, attending medical meetings and preparing reports and summaries, abstract books, congress abstracts, reports, Power Point slide sets, conference posters, proofreading and editing services, WordPress websites – updating and publishing content, news pieces for newsletters, e-newsletters (MailChimp), annual reports and strategic plans, continuing medical education (CME) content, continuing professional development (CPD) content, needs analysis, clinical study reports. I’m an advanced EndNote user and can quickly and easily make your documents publication ready.
I have recent writing experience in the following areas:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Women’s health
- Supplements and vitamins
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Breast cancer
- Cardiac imaging
- Cardiac surgery
- Perioperative medicine
- Public health
- Infectious diseases
- Lung cancer
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)
- Pain relief
- Blood transfusion
- Pain relief
- Clinical trials
- Maternal & Child Health
- Population Health
- Public Health
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Tissue banking
- Biotech industry
- Medical devices
- Venous thromboembolism (VTE)
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Pulmonary embolism (PE)